- Why Gray & Co.?
Here are just a few of the ways Gray & Co. trips stand out and why you should choose us for your next active travel experience:
- Trips are custom-designed and executed by the same savvy team of experts. Choose the perfect place, dates, hotels and dining experiences.
- Multiple guides and support vehicles allow you to go at your own pace while we keep all the right wheels in motion. The typical Gray & Co. traveller-to-staff ratio is 2:1.
- Maximum yet well-edited choice and flexibility. Go at your own pace.
- Top-notch, carbon-fibre bikes and gear.
- Carefully chosen roads and trails.
- Your fun-filled vacation done the way you want it – from what’s in your morning pastry basket to what time you want to be back for a massage.
- Who travels with Gray & Co.?
Gray & Co. travellers are all ages and from around the globe. They want seamless execution and the highest levels of service, diligence, quality, and discretion from start to finish—from the earliest stages of planning where and when to travel to after the trip has been completed. Rather than looking for “deals”, they are looking for good value and customized experiences.
- What about corporate groups?
Gray & Co. designs and produces active corporate retreats. From choosing the right destination to fine-tuning venues and menus, the Gray & Co. team provides the ultimate environment for executive learning and bonding. Recent getaways include a bankers’ road biking retreat in California and a corporate multi-sport escape for Expedia in Whistler.
- Who is a Gray & Co. "active traveller"?
A Gray & Co. active traveller is someone who wants to experience in-depth the place and its people, whether by walking along the Amalfi Coast, cycling through French vineyards, or hiking in a Costa Rican rainforest. With Gray & Co., they go at their own pace led by people who know the trails and roads intimately.
- How "active" do I need to be?
Fear not! We cater to all ability levels. Care to ride the same circuit as the pros? No problem. Prefer a short walk, followed by a cooking demonstration and spa treatment? We welcome that, too. Typically, we suggest 3-4 hours of activity each day. Trips are supported by vehicles that are there for weary travellers or to carry extra gear, purchases, etc.
- What if our group has varying ages, interests and activity levels?
We happily cater to a wide variety of travellers, and want the pace you set on the trail or road to be your own. This is one of the many reasons why we have such high guide to traveller ratios and multiple vehicles–so that we can deliver the ultimate in flexibility.
- What happens on a typical day?
In the morning, we bike or walk for a few hours between historic and cultural sites, stopping for coffee along the way. Lunch tends to be at a casual restaurant or picnic. In the late afternoons, most people love to relax, read, have massages, shop, taste wine, etc. Dinners can be Michelin-starred affairs, but more often than not, our travellers love casual bistros, and trattorias. You choose. We recommend at least two nights at the same fabulous hotel, villa, estancia or châteaux to let you unpack and unwind. Or take over an entire hotel – some of our faves include Estancia Vik in Uruguay, Otahuna Lodge in New Zealand, and Awasi in San Pedro de Atacama, Chile.
- What Kind of support can we expect on the trip?
Multiple minivan and SUV-type vehicles allow for maximum flexibility and security. Most trips feature a team of guides, experts, drivers, and mechanics.
- Can I bring my own bike?
Absolutely. Many of our travellers choose to ship their bikes or check them as oversized baggage. Please contact us if you’d like more detailed information about travelling with your bike.
- Can you provide a bike, helmet and/or gear for me?
We can provide high quality hybrid touring bikes and carbon fibre road bikes to all cyclists. Many people find this to be simpler than shipping their bike. We can also arrange for helmets and other gear to be available.
- What if I want to bring my private jet?
No problem. We have years of experience working with private airports, handlers, pilots, and crew.
- What about travel and health insurance?
Adequate travel and emergency medical insurance is essential and is your responsibility. Check to see if your credit card provider offers this service. We’ve found that many travellers enjoy the convenience of World Nomads.
- How do you charge for your services
Gray & Co. specializes in producing premium active travel experiences. Prices are based on multiple factors such as number of travellers, degree of customization, etc. Most trips start at a minimum of $2000 per day per person. A deposit is necessary upon booking and the balance is due 30 days before the trip.